Booking Information for Day Events
1. Deposits: A deposit of $1500 is required upon booking. A final deposit, equal to the estimated balance, is due 14 days prior to the event date. All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable as they become due.
2. Bar Services: A bartender can be arranged at a cost of $150. Strathmere is fully licensed by Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario. No private alcohol can be brought onto its premises.
3. Catering Services: With the exception of the special occasion cake, Strathmere must provide all catering services for functions held at its facilities. Menu selections must be finalized 30 days prior to the function, with final guest numbers and other arrangements finalized no later than 14 days prior.
4. Decorating: We take special care in decorating Strathmere for every season. If you are planning to do extra decorating, please discuss your plans with Reservations in advance to ensure Strathmere’s décor is respected. Please refer to Strathmere’s Policy on Decorating for details.
5. Music: A SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) licensing fee is required if music is played. The current rate is $59.17, plus tax for The Lodge and The Garden House and $41.13 plus tax for the Inn.
6. Children: Children between the ages of 3-10 are half price, and under the age of 3 years will not be charged. (Adult minimum restrictions apply).
7. Surcharges: Surcharges only apply to events held on the following special holidays: Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, August Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day and New Year’s Eve. These fees to not apply to other days on long weekends. Strathmere is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
8. Pricing may change without notice. All prices are subject to HST and 15% service charge. HST must also be applied to the service charge.