COVID Safety Guidelines – The Retreat
We are excited to welcome you back to Strathmere, with a gradual re-opening beginning Wednesday, July 8th! We have been very busy preparing a safe re-opening environment. Our number one priority is the health and safety of our clients and staff.
What we are doing to keep you and our team safe:
- All appointments can be made by telephone or email (no walk-ins can be accepted).
- A few days in advance of your reservation, you will receive an email confirmation, including a self-assessment to confirm the state of your current health.
- If you show symptoms of COVID-19 at any time prior to your appointment, please contact Strathmere immediately. There will be no charge to reschedule.
- Until Government Guidelines allow it, we will not be able to serve food or drink inside. If you would like to enjoy food and beverage on the patio or takeout, please make reservations in advance.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment. If you arrive early, wait in your car or enjoy a seat in one of the Adirondack chairs near the front door.
- Wear a mask as you enter, and for the duration of your service(s) – our staff will also be wearing masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entering
- Please remove jewelry, and bring only your keys, phone and method of payment with you. If you bring a coat, kindly leave it in your car.
- Only those with scheduled appointments will be allowed entry; we cannot have others join you.
- We accept VISA, Mastercard and Debit at this time (Cash tips will be accepted, but please provide an exact amount of cash since money exchanges will be limited.)
- We will be asking you a few screening questions (shown below) to confirm you are in good health.
- We will ask that you continue to practice physical distancing measures at all times, and follow the protocols we have put in place.
Cleanliness and Hygiene
- All staff will undergo daily screening prior to arriving to work to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all.
- All staff will wear a mask (as well as disposable gloves and face shields when needed).
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the building
- As always, spa appointments will be scheduled to allow time for proper cleaning and disinfecting.
- New procedures and products have been implemented to enhance sanitization.
- Cleaning of general spaces, including washrooms, will be done more frequently.
- Strathmere continues to follow and adhere to the rigorous guidelines and measures published by Ottawa Public Health.
1. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
2. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 without wearing appropriate PPE?
3. Do you have any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, sore throat, runny nose (other than allergies), loss of taste or smell, or feeling unwell?
We reserve the right to refuse entry if you exhibit symptoms of any kind.
The policies and procedures outlined above are designed to create the safest environment for you and our team. We are proceeding with an abundance of caution so you can be as confident as we are that your visit to Strathmere will be safe and enjoyable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Strathmere!