Say “I do” with Strathmere
For over 40 years, Strathmere has been home to three unique wedding venues situated on its picturesque 200-acre property, including a 150-year-old restored barn, an airy and tranquil Garden House, and a beautiful 1860’s fieldstone farmhouse. Each venue sits on its own acreage, offering complete seclusion for every couple. Strathmere weddings can accommodate both intimate gatherings and celebrations up to 250 guests.
No matter the size of your wedding, our courteous, attentive, and professional staff go above and beyond to ensure every detail of your special day is perfect. Included in our Wedding Packages is a Wedding Coordinator, dedicated to bringing your wedding dreams to life and exceeding your expectations.
Exclusivity of your chosen venue and scenic outdoor ceremony sites, exquisite field-to-plate menus, the captivating grounds, luxurious spa services and overnight guest rooms are some of the many reasons why Strathmere was voted one of Canada’s Loveliest Wedding Venues by Wedding Bells Magazine. Strathmere also won the Wedding Wire Couples’ Choice Awards for Ceremony & Wedding Venue in Ontario two years in a row!
Included in Weddings at Strathmere
- An overnight guest room for getting ready and to spend the night (evening weddings only) *Note: The Farmhouse pricing includes 3 overnight rooms in the upstairs hall
- An Outdoor Ceremony (from April to November) with arbour, benches and signing table
- An Indoor Ceremony fireside, for winter weddings and inclement weather
- An experienced Wedding Coordinator to assist prior to and on your wedding day
- The Retreat Team of beauty and health experts to help you plan spa services, wedding day make-up, and other relaxation experiences for you, the wedding party, and your family and friends
- One of Strathmere’s dedicated Wedding Coordinators, both prior to and during your wedding day, to ensure every detail is perfect
- Ivory linen lap length cloths and napkins for A la Carte weddings, or ivory floor length linens and your choice of coloured napkins when choosing a Wedding in Season, lanterns with LED pillar candle, flatware, glassware and dinnerware, tables and chairs, DJ table, gift table and cake table. There are also many options to upgrade your linen, and arrange for special furnishings
- Romantic vintage lighting over patios for your first dance “Al Fresco”, mini-lighting on split rail fences, and entrances decorated with urns filled with flowers and edibles throughout the growing season
- The beautiful Heritage Garden, the fountain, and so many other pockets of pretty areas for photographs
- Welcoming and professional staff, and free guest parking
Other Reasons to Choose Strathmere
Field to Plate
We are proud to be a scratch kitchen. Executive Chef Angelo and Master Gardener Colin, are committed to grow and develop produce that makes its way from our field to your plate.
We are booking virtual wedding tours to begin the planning process. During the virtual tour, we will show you our venues, discuss food & beverage packages and pricing, look at availability and answer any questions you may have. Once a virtual tour has been completed, we will be pleased to arrange an in-person viewing of the venues.