A History of Love
Built in the 1860’s for his beloved, John Phelan built our incredible stone farmhouse by hand over 10 years, laying each fieldstone by hand.
For your iconic love story, choose between three unique and stunning venues. The Farmhouse which sits atop a hill overlooking the 200 acre property, the 150-year-old restored barn with crystal chandeliers, or our airy and tranquil Garden House. Each venue sits on its own acreage, offering complete seclusion for every couple.
Whether you are planning an intimate affair or a grandiose celebration, we go above and beyond to ensure every detail of your special day is perfect. Your dedicated wedding coordinator will manage the intricacies of your day from outdoor ceremony site setup, exquisite field-to-plate menus, and welcoming your guests.
We are proud to have won the Wedding Wire Couples’ Choice Awards for Ceremony & Wedding Venue in Ontario two years in a row and to be voted one of Canada’s Loveliest Wedding Venues by Wedding Bells Magazine.
Included in Weddings at Strathmere
- Four overnight guest rooms for getting ready and to spend the night
- An Outdoor Ceremony (from April to November) with arbour, benches and signing table
- An Indoor Ceremony fireside for winter weddings and inclement weather
- One of Strathmere’s dedicated Wedding Coordinators to assist prior to and on your wedding day to ensure every detail is perfect.
- The Retreat Team of beauty and health experts to help you plan spa services, wedding day make-up, and other relaxation experiences for you, the wedding party, and your family and friend
- Ivory linens, lanterns with LED pillar candle, flatware, glassware and dinnerware, tables and chairs, DJ table, gift table and cake table. There are also many options to upgrade your linen, and arrange for special furnishings
- Romantic vintage lighting over patios for your first dance under the stars, an outdoor fireplace, and entrances decorated with urns filled with flowers and edibles throughout the growing season
- The beautiful Heritage Garden, the fountain, and so many other pockets of pretty areas for photographs
- Welcoming and professional staff, and free guest parking
Other Reasons to Choose Strathmere
Field to Plate
We are proud to be a scratch kitchen. Executive Chef Rob and Master Gardener Colin, are committed to grow and develop produce that makes its way from our field to your plate.
Overnight Guest Rooms
There are 33 guest rooms, uniquely decorated with windows that open, views of the farm and gardens, and patios to sit and enjoy the fresh air before the celebrations.
Spa Services before the party. Manis, pedis, massage and make-up are all available at The Retreat at Strathmere.